So what do people say about Kordell Norton . . .some testimonials
I was most intrigued by and ultimately inspired by Kordell’s graphical facilitation skills. He was able to listen to our responses and capture not only the words but also the context, emotion and impact of what we were saying in a way that documented the whole response.
Melody Obery, Human Resources Manager
University Hospitals - Medical Center
"Kordell stretches your brain! We learned amazingly creative ways to visualize organizational goals and how to align our team with those objectives."
Jenni Reusser, president, Orrville Area Chamber of Commerce
Lori Reinbolt, special projects coordinator, Orrville Area Chamber of Commerce
“Mix one skilled marketer with a graphic artist and season generously with energy and people skills. The result is Kordell Norton. Try this recipe for a high energy, fun and stimulating program that will lead to positive results for your organization.”
Bob Cannon, CMC
"When Kordell enters a room he brings warmth, energy and joie de vivre. His confidence is infectious and infuses the environment with a spirit that is difficult to ignore. A thinker and perhaps a Renaissance man—he makes reinvention look easy! With business savvy built around his breadth of knowledge, experience, and sound business processes, infuse his penchant for collaboration and his giving nature are core strategies as well. "
Janine Moon, Executive Coach
"I really did not believe that Strategic Planning and Visioning could be this interesting and fun"
Belmont Technical College
"Kordell's workshop . . . Educational! Humorous! Helpful! Humbling! Very worth the time!"
“I was concerned about giving up a weekend day to have my folks attend Kordell’s workshop. Totally worth it. I would recommend him to anyone."
"Kordell was outstanding at adjusting the workshop to our needs versus using a "canned" approach. Most useful idea is where we really need to focus our efforts - He helped us come to conclusions we've been struggling with for quite some time" - First Energy Corp, Akron, Ohio
"Thanks for the time you spent with us. The insights on our "customers", and the fine tuning we did on our stage show was a huge help. I think your greatest trait is your enthusiasm to help others believe in themselves and their product . . . to get us to re-gender and renew the belief and enthusiasm in our product. Thanks again." Brett Family Singers, Branson, Missouri
"Thought you would like to know the feedback I got from my fellow Rotary members after your presentation to our group. It was basically twofold . . .
1) Good Program with an energetic speaker covering an interesting topic and. . .
2) Wished you had a lot more time" Rotary International Club
“His ability to make people comfortable and to get them to open up is the best I have ever seen. . . anywhere” McKinsey Consultant (name withheld to protect the guilty)
"Kordell facilitates a highly organized planning program utilizing extraordinary tools which results in an active participatory program with specific outcomes. I recommend Kordell for his facilitation skills, high energy, and ability to direct planning activities to their desired outcome." Judy O'Dwyer, Director, Business & Industry Institute, The Ohio State University Newark - Central Ohio Technical College
"I had an opportunity to work with and see Kordell Norton in action as a facilitator recently. His energy was felt by all present. Comments from session evaluations included statements such as: "Kordell was outstanding! Gave me an opportunity to really think!!," "The Instructors energy was great!." He led a group of highly educated, highly motivated people through some planning steps that ended in a high level of buy-in and enthusiasm about using the process. Great facilitator!" Pat Hoyt, EnterpriseOhio Network
“I really wanted to get some direction and buy-in from my Board and steering committee. . . . I suggest Kordell and his processes to anyone doing planning.” Cindy Karger, Tech Prep Coordinator, North Coast Tech Prep Consortium
"I was most impressed by your ability to guide us through what we as a group thought to be impossible undertaking…developing a plan to join two distinctive campus operations into one within the scope of two days. Hour by hour our group was able to see progress. Every member of our group had a voice in the process, which created wonderful synergy and enthusiasm. Let this letter serve as warning…you will be busy from all of the referrals!" Sharon Attaway, Director, Continuing Education and The Business & Industry Center, Miami University
". . . . I will go to any class or meeting that he would be involved in."
David Carl - ASTD Akron
"Just wanted to thank you again for talking to the kids. They have left up the papers from your presentation so they can see them everyday. You could not have done a better job and I really believe you struck a chord with the kids. Thanks Again!!!"
Judy Spooner, Twinsburg City Schools
“I have just returned from the WCCE conference in Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin and need to tell you about Kordell Norton. . . He was AWESOME! He has a keen business background, having successfully worked on the team that brought us the “Generic Brand” in the late 70’s, and many sales related positions including marketing and HR for thousands of employees. He brings a lot to the table and does it with humor and energy, as well as stories and drawings. As you know, I’ve been attending these state conferences for the past 11 years and Kordell is one of the best I’ve seen.”
Allie Williams, Director of Organizational Development
American Chamber of Commerce Executives
Letters of Recommendation
(see below for other testimonials/evaluations)
Auglaize Area Chamber of Commerce - Small Business Growth Workshop
Center for Business and Industry
Chamber of Commerce Executives of Ohio Conference
Cuyahoga Community College
Cuyahoga Falls Chamber of Commerce
Cuyahoga Falls Chamber of Commerce #2
Cuyahoga Valley Career Center
Dayton Public Schools
Erie County Technical School
Fire Fighters Community Credit Union
Global Corporate College
Heights-Hillcrest Regional Chamber of Commerce
Hudson Chamber of Commerce
Human Resource Institute Conference, Ohio University
Indiana Chamber of Commerce Executives Conference
James A. Rhodes State College, Ohio
Lakeland Community College
Lake Communicators Spring Conference
Lake County Development Council
Medical Service Company
Medina JVSD, Ohio
Mentor Chamber of Commerce
National Council for Continuing Education and Training
Nordonia Hills Chamber of Commerce
NOACC Board of Directors Annual Meeting - Chambers of Commerce
Ohio Career Based Intervention Educators - Spring Conference
Ohio Jobs and Family Services Directors Association - Conference
ODJFS 411 Conference
Ohio Library Council - Management Conference 2008
Ottawa Chamber of Commerce
Painesville Area Chamber of Commerce
Pennsylvania Chambers of Commerce Executives Conference
Pioneer Career and Technical Center
Pioneer Career and Technical Center - Leadership & Strategic Planning 2008
Greater Reading Pennsylvania Chamber of Commerce - Sale Summit
SMPS - Society for Marketing Professional Services
South West Auglaize Chamber of Commerce
Texas Chamber of Commerce Executives
Toledo Public Schools
Tri-Rivers Career Center
Twinsburg Chamber of Commerce
Twinsburg High School
Twinsburg Public Library
Van Wert Area Chamber of Commerce
Wisconsin Chambers of Commerce Executives - Winter Conference
Alberta Chamber of Commerce Executives
American Chamber of Commerce Executives Convention
Unabridged comments from recent University/College workshop
Tri-Rivers Career and Technical Center
Pioneer Career and Technical Center
Cross Sales on Product- Training for Financial Institution
Sales Training - for educators
Marketing workshop for Chambers of Commerce - Evaluations
Toledo Schools - Career and Technical Programs (Comprehensive)
In-service Evaluations from High School - Adding Pizzazz to the Class and Communicating your Value
411 Conference of Ohio Department of Jobs and Family Services - 2007
Chamber of Commerce Executives Conference - Indiana 2008
In the News
Twinsburg Bulletin - Dec 2005
Lake County News Herald - Mar 2006
The News Leader - March 15, 2006
ASTD Newsletter Article after program
Newark Advocate - Apr 2, 2006
Pataskala Standard - Apr 6, 2006
Pataskala Post - Apr 8, 2006
The Advocate - March 2008
ThisWeek Newspaper - May 2008
Ashland Times-Gazette - May 2008
SouthBend Tribune Business Weekly - Sept 2010
ohio PHC Contractor Magaine -
Click here to go to Kordell's Extended Bio
The Kordell Norton Story
The following are comments taken from evaluation sheets from various workshops, seminars and speaking engagements. You can tell by the responses that different materials were used in these programs. Kordell wants to give you more of these. . . .but there is such a thing as overkill.
What did you like most about this session? What is the most useful idea you generated as a result of this workshop?
- I loved your graphics.
- Visual Aids. A new way at looking at the products and services that I offer.
- The thing that you made me think about was simply, “How do I create an experience for my clients? “
- It helped me think about describing the current market place trends.
- Kordell was very entertaining. Wasn’t boring at all. The brainstorming ideas were very helpful. We all need to take more time to listen.
- This was a nice “remember, keep on track session”
- It was very interesting. The speaker was energetic, happy and very animated. Would have like to have more time.
- “Very interactive – got the involvement of all the staff. I was also impressed with how efficient the visuals were.”
- “Interaction with our groups and brainstorming. I really liked the visuals that were used. Best idea for me was a look at our future opportunities”
- “The opportunity to find out more about the perspective of other departments within the division.”
- “I liked the visuals and charting emphasis. It helped to organize the information presented in a very constructive manner.”
- “I liked the way the materials made the discussions efficient and “brief”. It was also good to get some recognition of the problems facing our organization”
- “Fun, very educational. A lot of us have the same issues to deal with”
- Learning more about the struggles within the rest of the division, and how all of the departments came about. Most useful idea?. . . . synergy”
- “I think the process of prioritizing strengths, problems and opportunities worked very well. This process could be applied in many areas”
- Great Facilitator. Visuals and colors – best I’ve seen. Felt like we finally accomplished something.
- This is the most I’ve ever gotten out one of these planning sessions. I greatly enjoyed the charts that were used. I feel everyone came to a consensus that the staff needs to be informed of what each needs and wants, before implementing a project.
- Style-Delivery. Liked the info shared. Instruction on how to work together as a team.
- The opportunity of listening and exchanging ideas of where to start this process. That as a group we need to understand what the end result will be.
- That we were able to be more vocal in our groups. To have an informational committee meeting to better inform our group and then to present to the entire staff
- We need more group time to incorporate and discuss. Too much information and ideas to do in such a short time. . . but we had a good start.
- Viewing customer service as an experience
- The Experience Economy as a trend. . . which I believe is a FACT (underlined 3 times)
- The way you tied concepts into business. Very well put together. The most useful idea is ways to integrate sensory experience to improve results.
- Your humor was great. It was a nice way to get the ideas across
- I truly enjoyed the parable
- The Brainstorming session was helpful. How to look at our senses was helpful. I wish you had time to add information about how we as an individual can increase sales growth separate from the corporation.
What points will you most likely use when you return to work?
- Because I work in such a competitive market at a realtor . . . I will NOT be sharing too much of your valuable information with others. I mean. . .why make competition harder? Good stuff.
- “Discuss the strengths and opportunities as generated by the session”
- “We have to remember to work together as a team and we should set procedures (with staff input) and follow them”.
- “The things that stand out for me are the needs for creative programming to increase numbers of customers efficiently (streamlined procedures) and effectively.”
- Brainstorming the needs for both staff (internal) and outside (kids, parents, business)
- What staff needs to know is different than parent & student
- Being open to other people’s perspectives and realizing that I need to broaden my thinking and think outside the box more
- I like your reminder on the customer experience, the attention to providing optimal experience of service.
- Everyone’s ideas make a difference & that you gotta be prepared to “one-up”
- Importance of “5 Sensing” in brainstorming, to make the customers experience positive
- Looking for the unique factor, the need for brainstorming and multimedia.
- Constant brainstorming to bring up new ideas as well as team building.
- Makes we realize I need to go back and enliven our lobby
How did Kordell do? Any comments or insights?
- Nice Job – High energy
- I like the way he went from group to group to us on task – made us think for ourselves.
- Excellent – Insightful, energetic
- He facilitated well (warm & fuzzy)
- He did great. He helped keep the large group on task. Was very informative, positive & energetic.
- Great! Awesome speaker. I think he was able to help a few understand better.
- OK. Not enough time to plan – could have used another hour and ½
- Great! We’re a tough group. He pulled us together well.
- Good at helping clarify and focus the group.
- Very energetic about his topic. He definitely keeps the audience awake!
- Very captivating
- Excellent. He forced us to narrow our topics and be more specific. Great personality and attitude.
- Did what he was hired to do.
And from the EnterpriseOhio Network Conference of 2005. . .
- As usual, it was great! - Wayne College, U of Akron
- Energetic – Informative – Fast Paced - KSU-Ashtabula
- One of the few (or only) vendors that gives a presentation without selling his product – really shares info. - Owens Community College
- I always learn something when I am in your sessions! Thank you! - North Central State
- Entertained, motivated, learned techniques – best yet. - Kent State, Geauga
- What a fantastic job.
- Great ideas, wonderful presentation, kept your interest, motivational, enjoyed his sense of humor, excellent presenter. – Ohio State University - Marion
- Great inspirational speaker. You need to bottle that charisma and sell it. – Professional Development Resource Center, Lakeland Community College
- Presenter is charismatic! Can’t say enough great!! I’m impressed beyond description! Bowling Green State University - Firelands
- Always Great Tips. Send the book! Kent State University – Salem
- Great Suggestions! Fun!! - Terra Community College
- So happy I chose this session after lunch. Kordell’s great. Keeps everyone’s attention, very interesting. I did a speaking engagement a few weeks ago. Wish I’d heard this session beforehand. - Ohio Department of Development
- Always a joy! Energy level high for after lunch. - Lakeland CC
- Kordell is a dynamic speaker and very entertaining. Not only is he entertaining, the content was valuable, relevant, and pertinent. Thanks for a good session! - Cincinnati State
- Outstanding presentation. Great learning experience.
- Learned new tools, great enthusiasm! Great advise. – Washington State Community College
- Good job, again, Kordell! - Lorain County Community College
- Wished we had more time.
- Great energy. – Central Ohio Technical College & , The Ohio State University - Newark
- Is there anything else to say about Kordell? The best!
- Always a high point for me to be in one of your sessions! - North Central State
- Thanks for a great presentation. You gave me some ideas for adding some new tools to my toolbox and I’ll definitely visit your website for more info! - Kent StateUniversity - Tuscarawas
- Awesome as usual! - Lakeland CC
- Not enough time for more discussion. Useful & practical info from Kordell.
- Too short! Great ideas. Would like to have heard more. - Northwest State
- Great questions and answers. Good content. - Skillsmax Resource Center, Ohio Board of Regents
- Informative, kept moving, great content.
- Incredibly helpful! Great tips, very useful. - Miami University, Middletown
- Kordell – GREAT! - Kent State Geauga
- Great information.
- Good info. I’m new to the B&I contract selling world & this info was very helpful! - KSU, Tuscarawas
About Kordell Norton - The Top Line Guy
Your organization has a strong interest in the "top line" for growth. As a consultant, speaker, author, Kordell Norton works with corporate, association, education and government organizations who want to focus on branding, sales, marketing, strategic planning/leadership, team building, and customer service.
Kordell was an executive with several multi-billion dollar corporations with executive suite positions in sales, HR, marketing and call centers. As a certified Graphic Facilitator, he uses highly visual processes, along with humor, and entertaining methods for powerful, high energy presentations.
Author of Throwing Gas on the Fire - creating drastic change in Sales and Marketing
He can be reached at (330) 405-1950 or at firstname.lastname@example.org or at his website - www.KordellNorton.com